2021 Arizona Scope of Tech Summit
The Arizona Chapter of GirlsComputingLeague invites middle and high school students to join us for this day of introduction to the world of tech!
Who Can Attend
Middle and High School Students
How will the event be held?
This event will be held virtually. Participants will recieve a Zoom link to the panels and workshops after registration.
|10:05 – 10:20 : Opening and Introduction to AI, ML, and Data Science|
|10:20 – 11:00 : Introduction to Python|
|11:00 – 11:30 : Applications of Python|
|11:30 – 12:15 : Lunch Break|
|12:20 – 1:45 : Careers in Tech|
|1:45 – 2:00 : Impact of Tech|
|2:00 – 2:15 : Award Ceremony|
|2:15 – 2:30 : Closing Ceremony|
Rules and Registration
Middle and high school students are eligible to participate in the Ideathon and attend. Only the first 30 students who register for the Ideathon will be able to participate in the competition. Participants must work individually and must use provided Tynker HiFive Inventor Coding Kits to create . We are looking for projects that . Participants are required to submit a 3 minute video explaining their project through the form on the Girls Computing League website. Deadline to submit all projects is October 4, 2021.
Due to challenges with sending prizes to students internationally as a nonprofit organization, only students located in the US will be eligible to receive a prize for the AIDeathon. However, international students are still welcome to compete and direct their prize money, if they win an award, as a donation to a nonprofit organization of their choice.
Students should answer the following questions in their 3 minute abstract or video:
1. What is your innovative product/service?
2. What problems is your product/service designed to solve?
3. How is your product/service innovative and different from other products/services intended to solve the same problems?
In the pitch, participants will need to address the following areas :
1. Product need and what problem it solves
2. Market size for the product
3. What the product does and its features. How does the product use AI?
4. Competitive analysis (how is the product different than other products)
5. Product demo, screenshots, or pictures, if applicable
6. Future vision for the product